In the competitive world of pest control, standing out online is crucial for business success. For example, you might have a business in Albany, New York, that services a 30-mile radius around your location, but multiple companies do the same as you. In that case, you would want your Pest Control company to appear at the top of search engine results for people in that area searching for “pest control service” so they can get in contact with you. That is where local SEO from TM Blast comes into play.
Below is the SEO strategy I, Greg Kristan, focus on for pest control companies.
- Google My Business Listing (Google Business Profile) Optimization
- Bing Places for Business Optimization
- Apple Business Connect
- Getting listed on relevant business directories in your town or city to increase referral traffic. If you are a local business, you will benefit from being featured on these sites, as your target audience will be the ones visiting these websites who live in your area.
- Improving your organic rankings in and around your location for your keywords on your website
- And more!
Local SEO for Pest Control – How I would Improve the Keyword Rankings
Are you a pest control company looking to dominate your local market? If so, this video goes over how I would improve the Google My Business profile for a pest control company out in Albany, New York. In this video, I look at the companies’ Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, and their website to share some strategies to improve their rankings.
Local SEO Success
Google My Business Listing Optimization
Local Falcon is a tool I use for all my local SEO clients. The tool helps me and my clients see where they rank for their target keywords around their location. The greener the dot, the better, so anything orange or red means that the listing is not on page one of Google since Google only displays three map pack listings on page one of their results. Getting into the three-pack for a term like “pest control near me” would result in more phone calls to any business since the phone icon is there on mobile devices to call.
Bing Places for Business Optimization
Bing can make up 5-15% of the SEO traffic for a pest control company. At a minimum, I will sync whatever changes I make in Google My Business into Bing. However, I’ve noticed that there are areas that you can further optimize for a pest control company in Bing. For example, you can change your industry to a “Professional Services” listing to showcase your service areas. Also, social media links don’t carry over from Google into Bing, so I manually add those for my clients.
Apple Business Connect
Apple Business Connect is part of my local client’s SEO strategy. However, just like Bing, getting more squeeze from users using Apple Maps is worth the effort. From my end, I work with my clients to get them an Apple Business Connect page. Next, I help optimize their account with photos, their description, and any offers they can provide. Local Falcon can also track Apple Map rankings, but again, this is a small part of the SEO strategy I provide.
Relevant Local Directories
I mentioned what the benefits of local SEO look like at the top of the page. One of the things I said was getting relevant referral traffic back to your site, which is from getting on local directories. For example, if you were an Albany, New York-based company, I encourage you to get your business listed for a few hundred dollars yearly on Albany.com. Albany.com ranks for many relevant keywords in the pest control industry, which means you can get highly qualified visits from these websites directly to your website.
Plus, getting on local directories helps give additional signals of your local presence to Google and Bing. The more relevant directories you have your business on, the more signals that Google and Bing can confidently showcase your results higher on their results page.
On-Page Pest Control SEO
While Map pack rankings and directories are important for local SEO, they are not the only way to drive traffic to your website. Traditional organic listings in Google and Bing also come from the local SEO strategy. For example, if you offer “ant pest control” as a service, I would work on optimizing that page on your site to show up for that search result. If you did not have a page on your website that had that as a service, I would work with you on creating that content.
Below are some of the ways I work on the on-page SEO.
- Updating the content on the site with relevant keywords and specific keywords
- Building out new pages for target keywords
- Writing new title tags and meta name descriptions
- Performing keyword research on an ongoing basis
- Optimizing the images via ALT tags / resizing them to make the page load faster (better user experience)
- Interlinking content
- Fixing any technical issues that are present on the website
- Optimizing the headings on the page
Every local client that I have has always needed something different. I don’t offer any pest control package. Instead, I offer a flat rate of $1.4k per month to have my work on growing your website traffic and leads to your business.
For example, if you need new pages built to improve your website’s SEO rankings, I will focus on that. If I gave you a package and you chose a plan that would not cover that, you wouldn’t get the results you are looking for. To simplify the entire process, I offer a flat rate to have me work on the website and offer you the ability to cancel the agreement at any time with a 30-day notice.
What Does the Cost Include Per Month?
- Access to Greg on Slack or Microsoft Teams to ask any questions. My typical response time is less than an hour.
- Greg handles all website optimizations on your behalf.
- That includes making title tags, meta name descriptions, ALT tags, header tags, internal linking, and more optimizations.
- TM Blast handles any one-off technical optimization on the site.
- A monthly SEO report that details your numbers, what I did, and much more.
- One 30-minute call each month if you choose
The SEO Tools I Use for Pest Control Clients
- LocalFalcon: (That is the heat map in the video above. I use this tool for all of my clients and on TM Blast. It helps with NAP (name, address, phone number).
- Google Business Profile: (This is the primary SEO tool I use to optimize local websites)
- Bing Places for Business: (Bing can make up ~10% of your digital marketing traffic, so it is best not to ignore)
- Apple Business: (Apple can help with anyone searching in Apple Maps for your service)
- SEMRush: (This is how I track your keyword rankings, perform keyword research, track competitors, and run weekly health audits of your website)
- Google Analytics: (I can see the number of visits to your website, goals that occur, and much more)
- Google Search Console: (I can see the keywords that trigger clicks to your website, any technical issues present, and much more)
- Bing Webmaster Tools: (I can see how Bing crawls your website and ensures there are no issues)
- Clearscope: (I use this tool to optimize the content on the website)
What Others Have to Say about My SEO Company
Don’t just take my word for what I can do. See what others have to say about TM Blast! As a note, I, Greg Kristan, do all SEO work. No junior member or intern is working on your account.
Additional Services that I Provide
Greg Kristan, owner of TM Blast, LLC and The Stadium Reviews, LLC, has over 10+ years of SEO experience. He was also the SEO Manager at edX and was a contractor for Microsoft Bing Ads. Today, he works on optimizing local, national, and international company websites to rank higher in search engines through SEO. Finally, Greg has been featured on podcasts about his search experience and regularly updates his YouTube channel sharing digital marketing tips. Do you want to reach out to me about SEO help? If so, email me at email@example.com or call 877-425-2141