If you are running an insurance company and want more phone calls for things like homeowners’ insurance, car insurance, renters’ insurance, and more, local SEO can help. At TM Blast, I (Greg Kristan) understand the value of local SEO since I’ve been doing that since 2011. I’ve achieved top local rankings for my business and could do the same for your insurance agency.
Insurance SEO from TM Blast has a few different strategies. As a note, the insurance industry is highly competitive, so it takes doing all of the below to increase your organic traffic successfully.
- Optimizing your Google My Business Account (Google Maps)
- Optimizing your Bing Places for Business Account (Bing Maps)
- Creating Your Apple Maps Account (Apple Maps)
- Getting your insurance website listed on relevant, high-quality directories in your city (backlinks)
- Improving your keyword rankings to achieve top rankings in your town via on-page SEO changes
- Fixing any technical SEO issues that are present on the website
- Relevant keyword research to expand your local search reach
- And more!
Local SEO for Insurance: How I Would Improve the Local Keyword Rankings for an Insurance Company
When I perform a local SEO audit, I like to use LocalFalcon to create a heat map grid of how competitive a potential client is for their keywords in and around their location. In this video, I share my thoughts on what the report shows me for a local insurance company (insurance SEO) in Clifton Park, NY. While I don’t have access to their Google My Business account, I can come away with actionable steps I would do to boost their performance for the keyword auto insurance. Getting better rankings in and around your location can massively increase your leads and sales for a business. If you are in the insurance field, you understand how competitive this field is. Help your business grow by following these steps to have better keyword rankings.
Local SEO Success Story
Why You Want to Earn a Top 3 Map Pack Listing in Google
Google only displays three (sometimes more if there is an ad at the top) listings on page 1 for a local intent search. If your business is not ranking organically in the top three, you don’t show up on page one. Showing up on page one for terms like boat insurance or other insurance keywords brings instant visibility to your business. It can lead to more potential clients since they can call your listing directly on their mobile devices.
Also, the map pack listing is another real estate spot on the page of Google. You get to achieve both a local map pack listing and an organic listing on page one, which can lead to more traffic to your insurance agency website.
What Tools Do I Use for Insurance SEO?
- LocalFalcon: (That is the heat map in the video above. I use this tool for all of my clients and on TM Blast. It helps with NAP (name, address, phone number).
- Google Business Profile: (This is the primary SEO tool I use to optimize local websites)
- Bing Places for Business: (Bing can make up ~10% of your digital marketing traffic, so it is best not to ignore)
- Apple Business: (Apple can help with anyone searching in Apple Maps for your service)
- SEMRush: (This is how I track your keyword rankings, perform keyword research, track competitors, and run weekly health audits of your website)
- Google Analytics: (I can see the number of visits to your website, goals that occur, and much more)
- Google Search Console: (I can see the keywords that trigger clicks to your website, any technical issues present, and much more)
- Bing Webmaster Tools: (I can see how Bing crawls your website and ensures there are no issues)
- Clearscope: (I use this tool to optimize the content on the website)
What Makes for a Winning Insurance SEO Company Strategy?
The best local clients I have are the ones open to change. I’m not an insurance expert, but I am an expert in what I provide, which is local SEO services. To help achieve better results for your business, I will need you to do or have the following.
- Having an office location that we can use to advertise the location. If you don’t promote where your business is located, Google (and Bing) can’t rank the results.
- Obtaining online reviews on their Google My Business page/referrals
- Adding photos to their Google My Business / Bing Places for Business Page
- Having a website with a good user experience
- Having social media accounts
- Open to getting their business listed on relevant directories even if there is an annual cost
What is the Cost?
Local SEO starts at $1.4k per month. There is no long-term contract so that either party can cancel at any time for any reason. Most of my clients see a noticeable improvement in traffic and leads by month three, but it all depends on how competitive your industry and location are.
For example, suppose you are an insurance provider in Clifton Park, New York; you will have less competition than an insurance company in Brooklyn, New York. From my experience, I’ve been able to rank local clients in cities like Boston and NYC, but it does take more time since there is more competition here. Especially in a city like NYC, you only need to win in a mile or two around your location to make a big difference in sales.
What Does the Cost Include Per Month?
- Access to Greg on Slack or Microsoft Teams to ask any questions. My typical response time is less than an hour.
- Greg handles all website search engine optimizations on your behalf.
- That includes making title tags, meta name descriptions, ALT tags, header tags, internal linking, and more optimizations.
- TM Blast handles any one-off technical optimization on the site. For example, if you want your phone number at the top of your site, TM Blast can hire their web developer to handle that request.
- TM Blast stays up to date on any Google algorithm updates
- A monthly SEO report that details your numbers, what I did, and much more. This report is not auto-generated, so you will understand what you are looking at
- One 30-minute call each month
Success with Local SEO
TM Blast ranks in a 30-mile radius around Saratoga Springs, NY, for terms around SEO. Getting into the map pack listing for my business allows me to get new potential clients each month. When my phone rings, chances are it is someone who found me online searching for “SEO Services” and came across my website.
I want to achieve that same type of success with your insurance business.
What Others Have to Say about My SEO Company
I’ve been in the SEO space for over ten years. I’ve worked for many companies on their SEO strategy during that time. Below is what some of them have to say!
Looking to Start with my insurance SEO company??
If you want me to work on your SEO, you can fill out the form below. I will likely perform a Free SEO Audit of your website to give you a baseline of your metrics. The Free SEO Audit also gives me an idea of what I will be working on for your account if you become a client of mine.
Additional Services that I Provide
Greg Kristan, owner of TM Blast, LLC and The Stadium Reviews, LLC, has over 10+ years of SEO experience. He was also the SEO Manager at edX and was a contractor for Microsoft Bing Ads. Today, he works on optimizing local, national, and international company websites to rank higher in search engines through SEO. Finally, Greg has been featured on podcasts about his search experience and regularly updates his YouTube channel sharing digital marketing tips. Do you want to reach out to me about SEO help? If so, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-425-2141